Doula Client Attraction Tip #2 – Identify Your Ideal ClientApr 5th, 2010 | By Darlene MacAuley | Category: doula business tips, Inspiring New Tip, Law of Attraction, Marketing
It helps to be really clear about who you want to serve with your birth business. If you are just starting out, you may have to take a guess for now and adjust your ideal client profile as you gain experience. What’s wonderful, though, about having your own practice is that you make changes at any time!
So how do you identify your ideal client? One way to do so is to write a story about your ideal client, answering some or all of these questions:
- How old is she?
- Is she a first-time mom or not?
- Is she in a relationship?
- Is she of a certain heritage/faith/belief system?
- Does she have a high-risk pregnancy?
- What kind of birth does she want?
- Where will she have her baby?
- How informed is she? Will she need a lot of informational support?
- How involved will her partner be during the birth?
- How much is she willing and able to pay?
While you do this exercise, try to really see, hear and feel your ideal client. Once you have this description, it will help you:
- Generate content for your website and other marketing materials.
- Screen people who visit your website. They will see from your website content whether they fit your description or not.
- Create your elevator speech and follow up statements.
- Know whether people who are interviewing with you will be the right fit.
- Remain focused on the type of people you want to work with. This will help you with your marketing efforts in so many ways.
As you gain more experience, you can refer back to your ideal client description and tweak it.
If you’ve developed your ideal client profile, I’d love to hear how it’s helped your business grow. Add a comment below!
These posts may also inspire you: